There is an urgent need of more Muslim Foster carers!
- Over 4000 Muslim living in care, many are living with Non-Muslim carers
- In 2018, 4,250 unaccompanied refugee children living in care mainly from Muslim countries Sudan, Eritrea, Albania, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Ethiopia and Syria
- There is a urgent need for more Muslim foster carers. Rotherham March 2019 ‘53 Muslim children in care, only 3 Muslim families available
Foster Friday is day for raising awareness about fostering within the Muslim community. MINAB urges all mosques from London to Aberdeen to raise awareness about this critical issue.
There are many ahadith of the Prophet (peace be upon him) about caring for young children including:
• “The best house among the Muslims is one where an orphan is well treated, and the worst house among the Muslim is one where an orphan is badly treated”. [Ibn Majah]
• “I and the person who looks after an orphan and provides for him will be in Paradise like this.” Putting his index and middle fingers together. [Bukhari].
On 18th October, please dedicate part of the Jummah
Khutbah addressing this challenge.
Please click here to register your Mosque and receive a full pack including posters, leaflets, e-flyer, and guidance for khutbah.