The Mosques & Imams National Advisory Board is pleased to be liaising with the National Council for Voluntary Youth Services as part of the new national drive to help create a safer sector for our young people.
NCVYS and MINAB are calling on all children and youth organisations to make 28 February the one day every year where organisations:
- Stop what they are doing,
- Look at their safeguarding practices and
- Listen to young people, empowering them to take an active role in managing their own safety.
Commenting upon this work, Maulana Sarfraz Madni, the Chair of MINAB said,
“This document is simple and clear. It makes us aware of our duty of care towards the young people and children. It reminds us of the need to be vigilant in ensuring a safe environment for our children. It gives essential and key guidance in preventing abuse, intentional or otherwise of children who are left in our trust. MINAB is very pleased to work in partnership with Faith Associates and the National Council for Youth Voluntary Services on this important initiative and calls upon its membership to implement the guidance given in this document.”
Please click on the following links to download:
To Find out more about how you can make a pledge here.
1. The Mosques and Imams National Advisory Board (MINAB) is engaged in the promotion of good governance in Mosques and Imam Training Institutions through a process of voluntary self regulation.
2. It has a diverse membership of over 600 hundred Mosques and Training Institutions.
3. It is a charity registered under the laws of England & Wales.
4. It is a community led independent body, non sectarian in its outlook with no role in matters of theology and an accountable and transparent system of representation.
5. Established in 1936, the National Council for Voluntary Youth Services (NCYVS) is a diverse and growing network of over 290 national organisations and regional and local networks that work with and for young people.
6. NCVYS is the only national independent body that represents voluntary and community youth organisations in England. Through the work that we do, we are helping such organisations to build their capacity to deliver quality youth work
7. NCYVSs new national safeguarding campaign aims to inspire and encourage children and youth organisations to show commitment to improving their safeguarding policies and standards.